The almost 33,000 inhabitants of the city of Biberach are traditional and forward-looking, connected to their hometown and yet cosmopolitan.
Whether global corporations with production facilities in Biberach, long-established medium-sized family businesses or high-tech companies of the Pharmaceutical industry: With their international orientation and their innovative spirit, they all shape the prospering business location of Biberach.
The city of Biberach
Together with the Biberach University of Applied Sciences, the city enables a close integration of theory and practice with around 2,400 students enrolled in a wide range of disciplines and thus offer the best prospects for a future-proof workplace.
Moderate rental rates and attractive leisure facilities also ensure optimal study conditions in Biberach: Three museums, one of Germany’s largest festivals and the oldest German theater club are just a few of the city’s many cultural attractions. Those who prefer to rave about nature have the opportunity to do so in the climbing park in the nearby Burrenwald. In addition, a large number of sports fields are available near the city center, and the Biberach gymnastic community offers top-level leisure and competitive sports in its 27 departments.
If you still want to move away from Biberach, you can take advantage of the city’s excellent transport links. By train, you can get to Ulm in about half an hour, and in about one and a half hours, you can reach the nearest commercial airport in Stuttgart.
Special leisure activities
- Kino Sternenpalast (presentation site of the “Biberacher Filmfestspiele”)
- Outdoor and indoor swimming pool Biberach with water slide and diving boards and 5-meter diving tower
- Big skate park with different ramps
- Turngemeinde Biberach, wide range of sports from aikido to volleyball
- Climbing park in the Burrenwald
- Airfield Biberach with the possibility of sailing and motor flight
- Various cultural institutions: several museums, the oldest theater club in Germany u.v.a.
- Biberach music night with live music in various restaurants in the old town of Biberach
- IBOT (International Biberach Easter Tournament) – Large international handball youth tournament with over 100 teams
- Biberach Music Spring with live performances by musicians in the Biberach Old Town (May)
- Schützenfest (10 days in July)
- e.wa-riss-Cup (July) – International shot put tournament in the market square in the heart of the old town
- Biberacher Film Festival for the Promotion of German Young Filmists (October)
- Various fairs (Pentecost, Michael, Martini, and Christkindlesmarkt)